Original article | International Journal of Educational Researchers 2019, Vol. 10(4) 65-72
The Development of Student Worksheet Based on Contextual Approach to Improve Critical Thinking Skills in the X Grade of High School Economics Lessons
Wida Mutmainah Wida & Riza Yonisa Kurniawan
pp. 65 - 72 | Manu. Number: MANU-1907-26-0001
Published online: December 31, 2019 | Number of Views: 39 | Number of Download: 207
The research aims to develop student worksheet based on a contextual approach to improve critical thinking skills in the economic subjects of the high school class, which uses to analyze and describe 1) the feasibility of resulting student activity sheets, 2) student responses to participants' activity sheets the students produced, and the effectiveness of using the student activity sheet on improving critical thinking skills. This study uses the 4D development models of Thiagarajan, Semmel, and Sammel (1947) which includes defining, design, develop, and disseminate. The types of data in this study are qualitative and quantitative data obtained from the study and validation of experts as well as filling in the questionnaire of educators and students. The trial design used in this pre-experimental study with the form of one grub pretest-posttest results were analyzed using n-gain. The results of this study are 1) based on the assessment of the material produced by student training sheets, a percentage of 98%, 91% of linguists, and 85% of graphic experts. From the assessment of the three experts, the average percentage was 89.6% so it could be categorized as "very feasible", 2) the response from students showed that it was very feasible because of the percentage of assessment reached 83.9%, 3) limited test activities are effective in improving students' critical thinking skills, this is evident in limited n-gain trials showing an average of 0.5 with a percentage of effectiveness of 95% and when the n-gain trial field shows an average of 0.7 with a percentage of effectiveness of 97%.
Keywords: Student Worksheet, Contextual Approach, Critical Thinking
|How to Cite this Article?
APA 6th edition
Wida, W.M. & Kurniawan, R.Y. (2019). The Development of Student Worksheet Based on Contextual Approach to Improve Critical Thinking Skills in the X Grade of High School Economics Lessons
. International Journal of Educational Researchers , 10(4), 65-72.
Wida, W. and Kurniawan, R. (2019). The Development of Student Worksheet Based on Contextual Approach to Improve Critical Thinking Skills in the X Grade of High School Economics Lessons
. International Journal of Educational Researchers , 10(4), pp. 65-72.
Chicago 16th edition
Wida, Wida Mutmainah and Riza Yonisa Kurniawan (2019). "The Development of Student Worksheet Based on Contextual Approach to Improve Critical Thinking Skills in the X Grade of High School Economics Lessons
". International Journal of Educational Researchers 10 (4):65-72.
- Archambault, J. (2008). The Effects of Developing Kinematics Concepts Graphically Prior to Introducing Algebraic Problem Solving Techniques. Action Research Required for the Master of Natural Science Degree with Concentration in Physics. [Google Scholar]
- Fitrayati, D., Prakoso, A. F., & Dewi, R. M. (2016). Student Worksheet Development Based on Contextual and Problem Solving on Microeconomic Theory Introductory Subjects. International Journal of Control Theory and Applications, 9 (34), 141–157. [Google Scholar]
- Hamdani. (2011). Teaching and Learning Strategies. Bandung: Loyal Library [Google Scholar]
- Komalasari, K. (2010). Contextual Learning: Concepts and Applications. Bandung: Refika Aditama. [Google Scholar]
- Ministry of Education and Culture. 2014. Concept and Implementation of 2013 Curriculum. Jakarta: Ministry [Google Scholar]
- Education and culture.Nur, M. (2013). Contextual Teaching and Learning. Jakarta: Ministry of National Education. [Google Scholar]
- Rizki, L. M., Mz, Z. A., & Risnawati. (2017). Development of Student Work Lemabar Based on Contextual Teaching and Learning Approach to Facilitate the Connection Ability of Middle / MTS Students. Indonesian Digital Journal of Mathematics and Education, 4. [Google Scholar]
- Development Team. (2014). Module on Teacher Training Materials Implementation of 2013 Curriculum for Biology / SMA / SMK Subjects. [Google Scholar]
- Trianto. (2008). Designing contextual learning. Jakarta: Smart Library Publisher. [Google Scholar]
- Trianto. (2015). Designing Innovative, Progressive and Contextual Learning Models. Jakarta: Kencana Pramedia Grub. [Google Scholar]
- Zulyadiani. (2017). A Development of students' Worksheet Based on Contextual Teaching and Learning. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research, 16 (6), 64–79. [Google Scholar]
- BSNP. (2014). 2014 Textbook Book Assessment Instrument. Retrieved from bsnp-indonesia.org [Google Scholar]
- Riduwan. (2016). Variable Measurement Scale - Research Variables. (M. I. Anwar, Ed.). Bandung: Alfabeta. [Google Scholar]