The International Journal of Educational Researchers 2014, 5(1): 10-15
Turkish Version of Job Crafting Scale (JCS): The Validity and Reliability Study
Ahmet AKIN, Hakan SARIÇAM, Çınar KAYA & Taner DEMIR
pp. 10-15 | Manuscript Number: ijers.2014.002
Published Online: March 01, 2014
Manuscript Views: 80 | Manuscript Download: 51
APA 6th edition
In-text: (AKIN, SARICAM, KAYA & DEMIR, 2014)
Your Bibliography: AKIN, A., SARICAM, H., KAYA, C. & DEMIR, T. (2014). Turkish Version of Job Crafting Scale (JCS): The Validity and Reliability Study . The International Journal of Educational Researchers , 5(1), 10-15.
In-text: (AKIN, SARICAM, KAYA and DEMIR, 2014)
Your Bibliography: AKIN, A., SARICAM, H., KAYA, C. and DEMIR, T. (2014). Turkish Version of Job Crafting Scale (JCS): The Validity and Reliability Study . The International Journal of Educational Researchers , 5(1), pp. 10-15.
Chicago 16th edition
In-text: (AKIN, SARICAM, KAYA and DEMIR 2014)
Your Bibliography: AKIN, Ahmet, Hakan SARICAM, Cınar KAYA and Taner DEMIR (2014). "Turkish Version of Job Crafting Scale (JCS): The Validity and Reliability Study ". The International Journal of Educational Researchers 5 (1):10-15.
The aim of this research is to examine the validity and reliability of the Turkish version of the Job Crafting Scale (JCS; Tims, Bakker, & Derk, 2012). The sample of this study consisted of 364 (193 female and 171 male) teachers. The results of confirmatory factor analysis demonstrated that the 21 items loaded on four factors and the four-dimensional model was well fit (x²=340.27, df=175, p=0.00, RMSEA=.049, NNFI=.94, CFI=.95, IFI=.95, RFI=.89, GFI=.92, AGFI=.90, and SRMR=.068). The internal consistency coefficients of four subscales were .90, .72, .76, and .75, respectively. The corrected item-total correlations of JCS ranged from .33 to .87. The t-test results differences between each item’s means of upper 27% and lower 27% points were significant. Overall findings demonstrated that this scale had high validity and reliability scores and that it may be used as a valid and reliable instrument in order to examine job crafting more often and to gain more knowledge about its antecedents and consequences. Nevertheless, further studies such as concurrent validity and test-retest reliability should make for its measurement force.
Keywords: Job crafting, validity, reliability, confirmatory factor analysis
- Bakker, A. B., & Demerouti, E. (2007). The job demands-resources model: State of the art. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 22, 309-328.
- Bentler, P. M., & Bonet, D. G. (1980). Significance tests and goodness of fit in the analysis of covariance structures. PsychologicalBulletin, 88, 588-606.
- Büyüköztürk, Ş. (2012). Sosyal bilimler için veri analizi el kitabı. Ankara: Pegem Akademi yayınları.
- Demerouti, E., Bakker, A. B., Nachreiner, F., & Schaufeli, W. B. (2001). The job demands-resources model of bumout. Journal of AppliedPsychology, 86, 499-512.
- Ghitulescu, B. (2006). Job crafting and social embeddedness at work. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Pittsburgh.
- Hu, L. T., & Bentler, P. M. (1999). Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structural analysis: Conventional criteria versus new alternatives. Structural Equation Modeling, 6, 1-55.
- Kline, P. (2000). Handbook of psychological testing. London: Routledge.
- Leana, C., Appelbaum, E., & Shevchuk, I. (2009). Work process and quality of care in early childhood education: The role of job crafting. Academy of Management Journal, 52(6), 1169-1192.
- Schermelleh-Engel, K., & Moosbrugger, H., (2003). Evaluating the fit of structural equation models: Tests of significance and descriptive goodness-of-fit measures. Methods of Psychological Research Online, 8(2), 23-74.
- Tims, M. Bakker, A. B. Derks, D. (2012) Development and validation of the job crafting scale. Journal of VocationalBehavior, 80, 173-186.
- Tims, M., & Bakker, A. B. (2010). Job crafting: Towards a new model of individual job redesign. South African Journal of Industrial Psychology, 36, 1-9.
- Wrzesniewski, A., & Dutton, J. E. (2001). Crafting a job: Revisioning employees as active crafters of their work. Academy of Management Review, 26, 179-201.