An Analysis of The Relationship Between Associate Vocational Technical Education and Employment Specific To Aircraft Technology Program
pp. 1-11 | Article Number: ijers.2016.010
Article Views: 49 | Article Download: 30
Associate programs centered upon vocational and technical education bear significant responsibility in the employment of young population. Associate programs intend to equip trainees with knowledge, skills and competence found in the fifth level of Turkey Higher Education Qualifications Framework. That the program goals and the expectations of labor market correspond to one another enables the graduates of these programs to be employed in the right sector. In recent years, our country has become a center in aviation sector. The growing employment opportunities that have been provided for flight crew and aircraft maintenance personnel have led higher education institutions to open up relevant programs. This study aims to discuss the problems the graduates of vocational technical education, which is carried out in associate level, face and the solutions to these problems. Through an analysis of the associate programs that provide training in the field of Aircraft Maintenance, the relevance of educational content and the goals of knowledge-skill-competence to market expectations will be evaluated.
Keywords: Employment, Vocational Education, Aircraft Maintenance
- Adıgüzel, O.C., Berk, Ş. (2009), “Mesleki ve Teknik Ortaöğretimde Yeni Arayışlar: Yeterliliğe Dayalı Modüler Sistemin Değerlendirilmesi”, Yüzüncü Yıl Üniversitesi Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi, Haziran 2009,Cilt:VI, Sayı:l.
- Aırbus Current Market, Global Market Forecast 2013-2032, 2014. htpp://www.airbus.com/company/market
- Akçetin, E. (2010). Avrupa Birliğine Üyelik Sürecinde Küresel Lojistik Üs Olma Yolunda Türkiye, Adıyaman Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi, Yıl:3, Sayı:5.
- Akkaya, M. (2014). Türkiye’de Lisans Düzeyinde Sivil Hava Ulaştırma İşletmeciliği Eğitimi Alan Öğrencilerin Mezuniyet Sonrası Sektörde İstihdamının Planlanması, The 2nd Internatıonal Avıatıon Management Conference, Türk Hava Kurumu Üniversitesi, 16 Nisan 2014.
- Anapa, S. (2008), “Avrupa Birliği’ne Uyum Sürecinde Türkiye’de Mesleki ve Teknik Eğitim”, Yüksek Lisans Tezi, Marmara Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü.
- Atik, İ., Atak, M., Konyalı, N. (2013). Küresel Rekabet Kapsamında Hava Ulaştırmasının Önemi ve Ülkemiz Açısından Bir Değerlendirme, II.Ulusal Havacılık Teknolojisi ve Uygulamaları Kongresi, 29-30 Kasım 2013, İzmir. Boeing Current Market 2012-2031, 2012. htpp://www.boeing.com
- Demir, B., İşler, H., Üstün S. (2013). Türkiye’de Hava Araçları Bakım-Onarım-Yenileme Hizmetleri ve Mesleki Yeterlilik, l.Ulusal Havacılık Teknolojisi ve Uygulamaları Kongresi, 20-22 Aralık 2012, İzmir.
- EREL, C. (2012). Türkiye’de Hava Aracı “Bakım, Onarım ve Yenileme” Alanına Yönelik Örgün Öğretim Programlarının Değerlendirmesi.
- IMD WORLD COMPETITIVENESS CENTER, (2016). The 2015 IMD World Competitiveness Scoreboard. http://www.imd.org/uupload/imd.website/wcc/scoreboard.pdf
- Kulga, K., Akçetin, E. (2010). “Sürdürülebilir Bir Ekonomi İçin; Sağlık, Emniyet, Çevre ve Güvenlik Sisteminin İş Dünyası-Üniversite İşbirliği İle Geliştirilmesi Mümkün mü?”, Çerçeve Dergisi, Sayı: 53, İstanbul.
- MEB, (2014). Türkiye Mesleki ve Teknik Eğitim Strateji Belgesi ve Eylem Planı (2014-2018). http://mtegm.meb.gov.tr/meb_iys_dosyalar/2014_08/13021358_mte_strateji_belgesi_eylem_plani_20142018.pdf
- Mesleki Eğitimin Yeniden Yapılandırılması Çalışma Grubu Raporu, (2014). Kalkınma Bakanlığı. http://abdigm.meb.gov.tr/projeler/ois/egitim/022.pdf
- ÖSYS Yükseköğretim Programları ve Kontenjanları Kılavuzu.(2015). http://www.osym.gov.tr/belge/1-23560/2015-osys-yuksekogretim-programlari-vekontenjanlari-ki-.html
- Saraçoğlu, E. (2007). Mesleki Eğitim ve Mesleki Eğitimi Geliştirme Projesi (MEGEP) Uygulamaları: İstanbul’da Bir Araştırma, Yüksek Lisans Tezi, Marmara Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü İşletme Anabilim Dalı Uluslar arası Kalite Yönetimi, İstanbul.
- Sivil Havacılık Komisyonu Dördüncü Toplantısı, (2014). http://web.shgm.gov.tr/documents/sivilhavacilik/files/pdf/shgm_calisma_gruplari/Calisma_Gruplari_Sonuclari-4Mart2014-SahinKARASAR.pdf
- TÜSİAD, (2010).TÜSİAD Basın Bülteni, 20 Mayıs 2010. (www.imd.ch/wcc)
- UNESCO, (2016). ISCED. http://www.uis.unesco.org/Education/Pages/FAQ.aspx#theme4
- Dünya Ekonomik Forumu, (2015). Global Competitiveness Report. http://www3.weforum.org/docs/gcr/2015-2016/Global_Competitiveness_Report_2015-2016.pdf
- YÖK, (2016). 19 Haziran 1999 tarihli Bologna Bildirgesi. http://www.yok.gov.tr/web/uluslararasi-iliskiler/bologna-bildirgesi-1999-
Examining University Students’ Attitudes towards Learning English Using Different Variables
Hakan Karatas, Bulent Alci, Mehtap Bademcioglu & Atilla Ergin
pp. 12-20 | Article Number: ijers.2016.011
Article Views: 70 | Article Download: 36
This study aimed to understand if the students’ attitudes towards learning English show significant differences in terms of gender, language level, receiving English preparatory training, and the kind of high school they graduated from. The study was carried out in the descriptive survey model. The research group included 320 male (65.6 %) and 168 female (34.4 %) English preparatory students at Istanbul Technical University. The Attitudes towards English Scale was used as the data collection tool. Data were analysed using independent samples t-test and one-way ANOVA. According to t-test and ANOVA results, it can be said the university students’ attitudes towards learning English are not affected by gender, receiving preparatory training, language level and high school differentiation.
Keywords: attitude,foreign language,university students
- Ahmed, S. (2015). Attitudes towards English language learning among EFL learners at UMSKAL. Journal of Education and Practice. 6 (18), 6-17.
- Aiken, L. R. (1979). Attitudes toward mathematics and science in Iranian middle schools. School Science and Mathematics, 79 (3), 229-234.
- Akay, E., & Toraman, Ç. (2015). Students’ attitudes towards learning English grammar: A study of scale development. Journal of Language and Linguistic Studies, 11 (2), 67-82.
- Al Samadani, H. A., & Ibnian, S. S. (2015). The Relationship between Saudi EFL students’ attitudes towards learning English and their academic achievement. International Journal of Education and Social Science, 2 (1), 92-102.
- Bagheri, M., & Andi, T. (2015). The relationship between medical student’s attitude towards English language learning and their English language proficiency. ICT & Innovations in Education- International Electronic Journal, 3 (1), 7-19.
- Bond, M. H., Leung, K., Au, A., Tong, K. K., & Chemonges-Nielson, Z. (2004). Combining social axioms with values in predicting social behaviours. European Journal of Personality, 18, 177-191.
- Bristi, N. L. (2015). Bangladeshi Engineering EFL learners’ attitudes towards learning English: A comparison between public university and private university students. Global Journal of HUMAN-SOCIAL SCIENCE: G Linguistics & Education, 15 (11), 7-16.
- Cakıcı, D. (2001). The attitudes of university students towards English within the scope of common compulsory courses. Unpublished Master Thesis, Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey.
- Csızér, K., & Dörnyei, Z. (2005). The internal structure of language learning motivation and its relationship with language choice and learning effort. The Modern Language Journal, (89), 19-36.
- Dehbozorgi E. (2012). Effects of attitude towards language learning and risk-taking on EFL students’ proficiency. International Journal of English Linguistics, 2 (2): 41-48. doi:10.5539/ijel.v2n2p41
- Fakeye, D. (2010). Students’ personal variables as correlates of academic achievement in English as a second language in Nigeria. Journal of Social Sciences, 22 (3), 205-211.
- Gardner R. (1980). On the validity of affective variables in second language acquisition: Conceptual and statistical considerations. Language Learning, 30 (2), 255-270. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-1770.1980.tb00318.x
- Gardner, R. C. (2005). Integrative motivation and second language acquisition. Paper presented at the Canadian Association of Applied Linguistics, London, Ontario, Canada.
- Gardner, R., & Lambert, W. (1972). Attitudes and motivation in second language learning. Rowley, MA: Newbury House.
- Gomleksiz, M. N. (2010). An evaluation of students’ attitudes toward English language learning in terms of several variables. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, 9, 913-918.
- Graham, J. (2004). Giving up on modern foreign languages? Students’ perceptions of learning French. The Modern Language Journal, 88, 171-191.
- Guryay, B. (2016). Individual variables, attitudes towards English and being a teacher: A study on prospective teachers of English. International Journal of Psychology and Educational Studies, 3 (2), 14-23.
- Hohenthal, A. (2003). English in India: Loyalty and attitudes. Language in India, 1-107.
- Jahin, J. H., & Idrees, M. W. (2012). EFL major student teachers’ writing proficiency and attitudes towards learning, English. Umm Al-Qura University Journal of Educational & Psychologic Sciences, 4 (1), 10-72.
- Johnson, Y. (2012). Attitudes towards EFL learning and extensive reading in Japanese engineering students. Japanese ELT Journal, 10, 65-81.
- Kara, A. (2009). The effect of a ‘Learning Theories’ unit on students; attitudes towards learning. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 34 (3), 100-113.
- Karahan, F. (2007). Language attitudes of Turkish students towards the English language and its use in Turkish context. Journal of Arts and Sciences, 7, 73-87.
- Levine, G. (2003). Student and instructor beliefs and attitudes about target language use, first language use and anxiety: Report of a questionnaire study. Modern Language Journal, 87 (3), 343-364.
- Kiziltan, N., & Atli, I. (2013). Turkish young language learners’ attitudes towards English. Hacettepe Universitesi Egitim Fakultesi Dergisi, 28 (2), 266-278.
- Masgoret, A., & Gardner, R. (2003). Attitudes, motivation, and second language learning: A meta-analysis of studies conducted by Gardner and associates. Language Learning, 53, 167-210.
- Momani, M. (2009). The Jordanian secondary stage student’s achievement in reading comprehension according to their views towards learning English as a foreign language. Journal of Human Sciences, 42, 1-36.
- Montano, D. E., & Kasprzyk, D. (2008). Theory of reasoned action, theory of planned behavior, and the integrated behavioral model. In K. Glanz, B. Rimer & K. Viswanath (Eds.), Health behavior and health education: Theory, research, and practice. San Francisco, CA: JosseyBass, 67-96.
- Razy, O., & Amer, N. M. B. (2016). Pilot study: An investigating proficiency learners’ attitudes towards English language learning. International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, 5 (2), 115-128.
- Shams, M. (2008). Students’ attitudes, motivation and anxiety towards English language learning. Journal of Research, 2 (2): 121-144.
- Smith, N. (1971). The importance of attitude in foreign language learning. Modern Language Journal, 55 (2), 83-88.
- Soleimani, H., & Hanafi, S. (2013). Iranian medical students’ attitudes towards English language learning. International Research Journal of Applied and Basic Sciences, 4 (12), 3816-3823.
- Starks, D., & Paltridge, B. (1996). A note on using sociolinguistic methods to study non-native attitudes towards English. World Englishes. 15 (2), 217-224.
- Tella, J., Indoshi, F. C., & Othuon, L. A. (2010). Relationship between students’ perspectives on the secondary school English curriculum and their academic achievement in Kenya. Educational Research, 1 (9), 390-395.
- Tetik, Nuray. (2016). Tourism guidance students' attitudes towards the English language course. International Journal of Education and Research, 4 (3): 271-284.
- Tunc, O. (2003). Use of language learning strategies in relation to student characteristics at Baskent University. Yayimlanmamis Yuksek Lisans Tezi, Orta Dogu Teknik Universitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitusu, Ankara.
- Victori, M., & W. Lockhart, (1995). Enhancing metacognition in self-directed language learning. System, 23, 223-234.
- Wenden, A. (1991). Learner strategies for learner autonomy. London: Prentice Hall.
- Zeinivand, T., Azizifar, A., & Gowhary, H. (2015). The relationship between attitude and speaking proficiency of Iranian EFL learners: The case of Darrehshehr City. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 19, 240-247.
Comparison of Students in Vocational Health and Vocational College with Respect to Self-Esteem and Career Adaptability
Ali Eryılmaz & Ahmet Kara
pp. 21-31 | Article Number: ijers.2016.012
Article Views: 49 | Article Download: 27
The purpose of this study is to examine the relationship between self-esteem and career adaptability of vocational college students and vocational health college students. Total 125 male vocational college students took part in the study (their programs were mechatronics environment protect and control and mechanic). Total 123 female vocational health college students took part in the study (their programs were old people care, emergency medical technician, optician, medical documentation and secretary medical imaging and medical laboratory program). The study was carried out in the cross-sectional model. The relationship between variables was examined by t-test for independent groups and multiple regression analysis technique. In this study, positive moderate significant relationship was found between career adaptability and self-esteem. Vocational health college students have higher career adaptability than vocational college students. The dimensions of self-esteem are differently related with adaptability of students in different college.
Keywords: Career adaptability,college students,self-esteem,exploration,planning
- Arnett, J. J. (2001). Conceptions of the transition to adulthood: Perspectives from adolescence to midlife. Journal of Adult Development, 8, 133–143.
- Baumeister, R. E (1993). Understanding the inner nature of low selfesteem: Uncertain, fragile, protective, and conflicted. In R. Baumeister (Ed.), Self-esteem: The puzzle of low self-regard ( pp. 201-218 ). New York: Plenum Press.
- Betz, N.E., Klein, K, & Taylor, K.M. (1996). Evaluation of a short form of the career decision making self-efficacy scale. Journal of Career Assessment, 4, 47-57.
- Burke, R.J. (2001). Workaholism components, job satisfaction, and career progress. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 31, 2339–56.
- Caspi, A., McClay, J., Moffitt, T.E., Mill, J., Martin, J., & Craig, I.W. (2002). Role of genotype in the cycle of violence in maltreated children. Science, 297, 851– 854.
- Çetingül, İ. & Dülger, İ. (2006). ÖSS başarı durumunun il, bölge ve okul türlerine göre analizi. Eğitim ve Bilim Dergisi, 31 (142), 45–55.
- Coopersmith, S. (1967). The antecedents of self-esteem. San Francisco: Freeman.
- Cosmides, L., & Tooby, J. (1996). Are humans good intuitive statisticians after all?: rethinking some conclusions of the literature on judgment under uncertainty. Cognition, 1–73
- Creed, P. A., Fallon, T., & Hood, M. (2009). The relationship between career adaptability, person and situation variables, and career concerns in young adults. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 74, 219-229.
- Doğan, T. (2011). İki boyutlu benlik saygısı: Kendini sevme/özyeterlik ölçeğinin türkçe uyarlaması, geçerlik ve güvenirlik çalışması. Eğitim ve Bilim, 36(162), 126-137.
- Duffy, R. D. (2010). Sense of control and career adaptability among undergraduate students. Journal of Career Assessment, 18, 420-430.
- Duffy, R. D., Douglass, R. P., & Autin, K. L. (2015). Career adaptability and academic satisfaction: Examining work volition and self-efficacy as mediators. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 90, 46-54
- Eryılmaz, A. (2008). Barışa yönelik tutumların öz saygı ve cinsiyet değişkenleriyle incelenmesi. Balıkesir Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi, 12(21), 23-31.
- Eryilmaz, A. (2014). Perceived personality traits and types of teachers and the relationship to the subjective well-being and academic achievements of adolescents. Educational Sciences:Theory & Practice, 14, 2049-2062.
- Eryılmaz, A., & Kara, A. (2016). Investigation of psychometric properties of career adaptability scale. The Online Journal of Counseling and Education, 2016, 5(1), 29-39.
- Fiori, M., Bollmann, G., & Rossier, J. (2015). Exploring the path through which career adaptability increasese job satisfaction and lowers job stress: The role of affect. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 91, 113-121.
- Fraenkel, J. R., & Wallen, N. E. (1993). How to design and evaluate research in education. New York: Mcgraw Hill.
- Grinde, B. (2012). An evolutionary perspective on happiness and mental health. J Mind Behavior, 33, 49-68.
- Hirschi, A. (2009). Career adaptability development in adolescence: Multiple predictors and effect on sense of power and life satisfaction. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 74, 145-
- Janssen, P. M., Schaufeli, W. B., & Houkes, I. (1999). Work-related and individual determinants of the three burnout dimensions. Work and Stress, 13, 74–86.
- Johnston, C. S., Luciano, E. C., Maggiori, C., Ruch, W., & Rossier, J. (2013). Validation of the German version of the career adapt-abilities scale and its relation to orientations to happiness and work stress. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 83(3), 295–304.
- Koen, J., Klehe, U. -C., Van Vianen, A. E. M., Zikic, J., & Nauta, A. (2010). Job-search strategies and reemployment quality: The impact of career adaptability. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 77, 126−139.
- Kokko, K. & Pulkkinen, L. (1997). Työttömien psyykkinen selviytyminen ja sen kehityksellinen tausta. Psykologia, 32, 349-359.
- Krumboltz, J. D. (1996). A learning theory of career counseling. In M. L. Savickas & W. Bruce Walsh (Eds.), Handbook of career counseling theory and practice (pp. 55-80). Palo Alto, CA: Davies-Black.
- Lefkowitz, R. J., & Shenoy, S. K. (2005). Transduction of receptor signals by beta-arrestins. Science 308, 512–517.
- Markus, H. R., & Kitayama, S. (1991b). Culture and the self: Implications for cognition, emotion, and motivation. Psychological Review, 98, 224-253.
- Maslow, A. (1971). The farther reaches of human nature. New York: The Viking Press.
- McArdle, S., Waters, L., Briscoe, J., & Hall, D. (2007). Employability during Unemployment: Adaptability, career identity and human and social capital. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 71, 247-264.
- Nauta, M. M. (2010). The development, evolution, and status of Holland’s theory of vocational personalities: Reflections and future directions for counseling psychology. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 57(1), 11-22.
- Patton, W., Bartrum, D. A., & Creed, P. A. (2004). Gender differences for optimism, self-esteem, expectations and goals in predicting career planning and exploration in adolescents. International Journal for Educational and Vocational Guidance, 4, 193–209.
- Peseschkian, N. (1996). Positive family therapy: The family as therapist. New Delhi, Sterling Paperbacks.
- Peseschkian, N., & Walker R. R. (1987) Positive psychotherapy theory and practice of a new method. Berlin, Springer-verlag.
- Rosenberg, M. (1979). Conceiving the Self. New York: Basic Books.
- Rossi, A., Cetrano, G., Pertile, R., Rabbi, L., Donisi, V., Grigoletti, L., Curtolo, C., Tansella, M., Thornicroft, G., & Amaddeo, F. (2012). Burnout, compassion fatigue, and compassion satisfaction among staff in community-based mental health services. Psychiatry Research, 933-938.
- Rottinghaus, P. J., Day, S. X., & Borgen, F. H. (2005). The career futures ınventory: A measure of career-related adaptability and optimism. Journal of Career Assessment, 1, 3- Reed, J.A., Ainsworth, B.E., Wilson, D.K., Mixon, G., & Cook, A., (2004). Awareness and use of community walking trails. Preventive Medicine 39, 903–908.
- Salmela-Aro, K. & Nurmi, J.-E. (2007). Self-esteem during university studies predict career years later. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 70, 463–477.
- Santrock, J.W. (2006). Life-Span Development (10th Ed.).New York: McGraw Hill Companies, Inc.
- Savickas, M. L. (2005). The theory and practice of career construction. In R. W. Lent & S. D. Brown (Eds.), Career development and counseling: Putting theory and research to work (pp.42-70). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley.
- Savickas, M. L. (2012). Life design: A paradigm for career intervention in the 21st century. Journal of Counseling and Development, 90, 13-19.
- Savickas, M. L., & Porfeli, J. E. (2012). Career adapt-abilities scale: Construction, reliability, and measurment equivalence across 13 countries. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 80,-673.
- Schaufeli, W. B., Salanova, M., Gonza´lez-Roma, V., & Bakker, A. B. (2002). The measurement of engagement and burnout and: a confirmative analytic approach. Journal of Happiness Studies, 3, 71–92.
- Schulenberg, J.E. & Zarrett, N.R. (2005). Mental health during emerging adulthood: Continuity and discontinuity in courses, causes, and functions, Washington DC US:American Psychological Association.
- Smith, H. M., & Betz, N. E. (2002). An examination of efficacy and esteem pathways to depression in young adulthood. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 49, 438-448.
- Solberg, E., Diener, E., & Robinson, M. D. (2004). Why are materialists less satisfied? In T.Kasser & A. Kanner (Eds.), Psychology and consumer culture: The struggle for a good life in a materialistic world (pp. 29–48). Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
- Stumpf, S. A., Colarelli, S. M., & Hartmann, K. (1983). Development of the career exploration survey (CES). Journal of Vocational Behavior, 22, 191-226.
- Suls, J. (1989). Self-awareness and identity in adolescence. In J. Worell & F. Danner (Eds.), The adolescent as decision-maker. New York: Academic Press.
- Super, D. E. (1980). A life-span life-space approach to career development. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 16, 282-298.
- Tafarodi, R. W., & Swann, W. B., Jr. (2001). Two-dimensional self-esteem: Theory and measurement. Personality and Individual Differences, 31, 653-673.
- Uçar, C., & Özerbaş, M.A. (2013). Mesleki ve teknik eğitimin dünyadaki ve Türkiye’deki konumu. Eğitim ve Öğretim Araştırmaları Dergisi, 2(2), 242-253.
- Zacher, H. (2014). İndividual difference predictors of change in career adaptability over time. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 84, 188-198.
- Zikic, J., & Klehe, U.C. (2006). Job loss as a blessing in disguise: The role of career exploration and career planning in predicting reemployment quality. Journal of Vocational Behavior,69, 391-409.
Intercultural Dialogue and Prejudice in a Multicultural Society, Case of Immigrants of Turkish origin in Germany
Nevide Akpinar Dellal
pp. 32-43 | Article Number: ijers.2016.013
Article Views: 50 | Article Download: 31
Illustrates the example of immigrants of Turkish origin in Germany intercultural dialogue in a multicultural society and prejudices are treated in this study. In the middle of the last century appeared a transnational worker immigration due to the need of the industrialized countries. At that time Germany took working immigrants from Turkey under contract and now live in Germany about 2.5 million people of Turkish origin. Germany, in which people from different backgrounds, as well as other European countries that have experienced a similar manner immigration, have become multicultural societies. In this study, starting from the idea that one of the biggest and hardest / most important obstacles of integration in Europe sedentary immigrant Turks with the peoples of Europe, the inherited through history prejudices, stereotypes and images are, which is why the Turkish immigrants more problems by mutual dialogue than others. Using the example of Turkish immigrants who immigrated in the 1960s to Germany, the efforts for Sharing Life of the two cultures in dialogue and Image-based and prejudiced Viewpoint, which hampered the cohabitation and coexistence-living of different cultures were treated and as result of the work was trying to make a contribution to dialogue of these two cultures that are two to see complementary cultures of the same society.
- Akpınar Dellal, Nevide, Türkenbild in den deutschsprachigen ‚Newen Zeitungen„. Zur Wahrnehmung der Türken im deutschsprachigen Gebiet am Beginn der Frühen Neuzeit, Saarbrücken, Kasım 2010: Südwestdeutscher Verlag, 334 Sayfa.
- Akpınar Dellal, Nevide, Türk Sorunu, Asya-Avrupa Ekseninde Türkler, İstanbul 2006: Büke Yayınları.
- Caldwell, Christopher, Why Turkey sits outside the tent, Financial Times Gazetesi, 31 Temmuz 2010
- Çakır, Mustafa, Almanya İle Belkili İlişkilerimizi Etkileyen Değişkenler, içinde Öztürk, A.O, Gülmüş Z., Akpınar Dellal, N.(Yay.). Alman Dili Edebiyatı ve Kültürü Üzerine Araştırmalar: Prof. Dr. Hüseyin Salihoğlu Armağanı, Ankara 2011: Barış Kitap, s. 378-400
- Davison, Roderic H., Türkiye´nin Batı´daki Tarihsel İmajı, Tarih ve Toplum, cilt 19, sayı 109, Ocak 1993 Aylık Ansiklopedik Dergi, s. 34-38.
- Deutsche Welle von 16.12.2014, http://www.dw.com/de/pegida/t-18133486 (Erişim:08.12.2015) http://www.holycross.edu/departments/religiousstudies/ikalin/Turkish/Islam-ve-Bati-III.htm ,(Erişim: 08.12.2010)
- Göllner, Carl, Turcica. Die Türkenfrage in der öffentlichen Meinung Europas im 16.Jahrhundert, Bd. 3, Baden Baden 1978.
- Kula, Onur Bilge, Batı Düşününde Türk ve İslam İmgesi, İstanbul 2002: Büke Yayınları.
- Kula, Onur Bilge, Eleştirel Avrupa Bilinci Eğitimi, içinde, The Seventh International Congress of Educational Research, "Educational Policy in the 21st Century: Evidence, Research, Values & Innovation" 28 - 31 May, 2015 Muğla Sıtkı Koçman University, Muğla 2015, s. 28-45.
- Kula, Onur Bilge, Almanya‟daTürk Kültürü, Çok-kültürlülük ve Kültürlerarası Eğitim Bağlamında, Çev. Aytekin Keskin, İstanbul 2012. Neue Zürcher Zeitung, 7. Oktober 2004
- 16. November 2004 tarihli www. FAZ.net. Rasch, Gustav, 19. Yüzyıl Sonlarında Avrupa‟da Türkler, Çev. Salihoğlu, Hüseyin, Yeditepe Yayınevi Yayınları, İstanbul 2004.
- Said, Edward, Oryantalizm, içinde http://www.yuksekhedef.com/kozet/sosyal/oryantalizm.htm. Scholtze, Christian A., Die orientalische Frage in der öffentlichen Meinung des 16. Jahrhunderts. Frankenberg 1880
- Zacharias, Ernst Ludwig/Reinelt, Herbert, Lehrbuch für den Literaturunterricht in den Klassen 8-10. Zur Entwicklung der Literatur und bedeutender Dichterpersönlichkeiten. Volkseigener Verlag. Berlin 1974.
- Schulzki-Haddouti, Christiane, Identität und Wahrnehmung bei Ida von Hahn-Hahn und Ida Pfeiffer anhand ihrer Orientberichte, Diplomarbeit im Studiengang Kulturpädagogik, Hildesheim 1995.
- Seidel, Eberhard, Das hässliche Andere. Auf dem Weg nach Europa (3): Die Gegner eines türkischen EU Beitritts missbrauchen das Land am Bosporus, um sich von ihrer eigenen Geschichte zu distanzieren (Kommentar),, taz Nr. 6919 vom 2.12.2002, Seite 13, 241 Zeilen.
- Spohn , Margret, Her Şey Türk İşi. Almanların Türkler Hakkında 500 yıllık (Ön)yargıları (Alles Getürkt) Çev. Leyla Serdaroğlu, İstanbul 1996: Yapı Kredi Yayınları. Timur, Feridun, Avrupamerkezci Söylemde Monolitik Türkiye İmajının Değişmezliği, Türkiye ve Siyaset Dergisi, Mart-Nisan 2001.
- Toklu, Osman, “Das Türkenbild bei den deutschen Witzen im Internet”, IX. Internationales Germanistensymposium, Tagungsbeiträge, 3–7 Mai 2005 Eskişehir, Gülen Ofset, Eskişehir, 2005, S. 445-451.
- Tworuschka, Monika, Analyse der Geschichtsbücher zum thema Islam, Studien zur Internationalen Schulbuchforschung, Schriftenreihe des Georg-Eckert-Instituts Bd. 46, Braunschweig 1986.
- Wehler, Hans-Ulrich, Das Türkenproblem, Die Zeit 38/2002.